Hey guys! This Christmas/holiday season I'm participating in a fun recipe advent calendar, run by Jenny, of Jenny is Baking. Each day a different blogger will gift a new recipe that features a different spice, to help inspire your Christmas/Holiday celebrations. Head over to Jenny's post to read all about it.
If you haven't heard of an advent calendar before, it is a calendar used to count down the days before Christmas, typically a little door would pop open for each day and you'd find a piece of chocolate. I was never allowed one as a kid - but I'm not bitter and twisted, at all - so this is actually my first! Instead of getting a different chocolate each day, I get to see what all the other bloggers have come up with - and I'm pretty excited.
If you decide to follow along, please note that the other bloggers are probably not following the low FODMAP or gluten free diets; however, their recipes might still be okay - at the very least, you'll get some drool worthy holiday meal inspiration to help kick start your planning.
I'll be posting my contribution on the 22nd of December - a fresh salad that will work well as a side dish for anyone celebrating Christmas in a warmer climate, or for those who like to have a lighter option, even in winter.
If you have any questions about the suitability of a recipe, please feel free to message me on The Friendly Gourmand's Facebook page or comment on this post.
Spice It Up Food Advent Calendar
Check out the following blogs each day to open each new recipe (or see the list grow here). Remember, they won't all be low FODMAP or gluten free, so make sure to check out each recipe or ask me here for modification advice. If you are out of the low FODMAP diet elimination phase (and these recipes otherwise match up with any other intolerances you might have), feel free to treat one of these recipes as a food trial.
- 1st December - Jenny Is Baking will post a sweet bread recipe.
- 2nd December - Dishing Up Dinner will post a cookie recipe featuring nutmeg.
- 3rd December - The Hungry Belly will feature saffron in a dessert.
- 4th December - Natalie Journeys will feature nutmeg in a drink.
- 5th December - Inspire A Creation will share a peppermint dessert.
- 6th December - Samira's Recipe Diary will feature cardamom in a dessert.
- 7th December - Earth Food and Fire will feature cloves in a side dish.
- 8th December - Make Ahead Meal Mom will share a nutmeg spiced dessert.
- 9th December - Coloured Plates will feature star anise in a condiment.
- 10th December - I Rok the Kitchen will share a ginger cookie recipe.
- 11th December - Life on Paradise Drive will feature pumpkin pie spice in a dessert.
- 12th December - Deliciously Plated will feature cardamom in a beverage.
- 13th December - Food Forage will feature ginger in a dessert.
- 14th December - Fix Me a Little Lunch will feature bay leaves in a cocktail.
- 15th December - Dani's Cookings will feature cinnamon in a cake.
- 16th December - Witty Mushroom will feature cardamom in a dessert.
- 17th December - Chipa by the Dozen will feature aniseed in a cookie
- 18th December - Simple Sassy Scrumptious will feature cinnamon and cloves in a cookie.
- 19th December - Jennifer Bakes will feature cayenne pepper in a snack.
- 20th December - Bake It with Love will feature nutmeg in a dessert.
- 21st December - Pretty Little Things will feature ginger in a dessert.
- 22nd December - The Friendly Gourmand will feature clove in a salad.
- 23rd December - Milly's Melting Pot will feature vanilla in a cookie.
- 24th December - Jenny Is Baking will make a roundup post featuring all the completed recipes.